Active Time: 10 minutes | Inactive Time: 0 minutes | Makes: 4 floats | Gluten Free, Dairy Free
Take your mocktail game to the next level with this cool and refreshing sorbet float. The sorbet is particularly good in summertime when nectar-sweet, ripe peaches are at the ready. A zing of lime juice perks these up, and fragrant basil adds a subtle floral herbaceousness. If you’re lucky enough to find purple basil (sometimes called opal basil), snag it—those deep purple leaves make a spectacular garnish.
In a food processor or blender, combine the frozen peaches and 1 Tbsp lime juice. Blend until the mixture is the consistency of sorbet.
Set out 4 glasses. Place 1/8 tsp canna tincture, 1 tsp lime juice, and 4 basil leaves into each glass. Using a muddler or the end of a wooden spoon, press down lightly on the leaves until they are fragrant. Fill each glass with ginger ale and stir. Using an ice cream scoop, top each glass with 2 scoops of peach sorbet. Garnish with basil leaves and peach slices. Cheers!
- One 10-oz | 280 g bag frozen peaches or 2 medium peaches, pitted, diced, and frozen
- Juice of 2 or 3 limes, depending on how juicy they are
- ½ tsp | 2 g Canna Tincture (page 33)
- 1 bunch purple basil or regular basil
- 32 fl oz | 960 ml ginger ale
- Fresh ripe peach slices for garnishing